Wells Fargo Bank was the top commercial/multifamily originator in 2009, according to a set of listings released by the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Other originators in the top 10 include PNC Real Estate, Deutsche Bank Commercial Real Estate, CBRE Capital Markets Inc., HFF LP., Prudential Mortgage Capital Co., Meridian Capital Group, MetLife, Northmarq Capital LLC and Capmark Financial Group Inc.
Eight different companies topped the 11 lists reporting originations by investor groups:
- Wells Fargo Bank was the top originator for commercial banks/savings institutions, Federal Housing Administration/Ginnie Mae, real estate investment trusts (REITs), mortgage REITS, investment funds, and other investors;
- HFF LP for conduits;
- MetLife for life insurance companies;
- PNC Real Estate for Fannie Mae;
- CBRE Capital Markets Inc. for Freddie Mac;
- TIAA-CREF for pension funds;
- Glacier Real Estate Group for credit companies; and
- Deutsche Bank Commercial Real Estate for specialty finance.
By dollar volume, the top five originators for third parties in 2009 were Deutsche Bank Commercial Real Estate, Wells Fargo Bank, PNC Real Estate, CBRE Capital Markets and HFF.
SOURCE: Mortgage Bankers Association