Reis Inc., a provider of commercial real estate market information and analytical tools, has introduced what it says is the nation's first independent coverage of the seniors housing sector.
The company explains that lenders, investors, developers and operators in the sector can use Reis' full set of analytical reports covering the four primary categories of seniors housing: independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing. Coverage extends to 184 submarkets in 57 major U.S. metros.
Among the highlights of the offering are the following:
– Detailed rent comparables, including rents by care type, vacancy rates and notable amenities;
– Sales comparables, including buyer, seller, sale date and purchase price;
– Construction comparables, including projected completion date and expected care type;
– Submarket reports, including rent and vacancy analysis by primary facility type and construction vintage; and
– Metro reports, including performance history and comparisons to the region and nation.
Lloyd Lynford, CEO, says, "Seniors housing is already estimated to be more than $300 billion, and it is demographically inevitable that the sector will become increasingly important as the nation's baby boomers age into the seniors population."