MBA: Mortgage Applications Down Last Week

Posted by Orb Staff on September 05, 2012 No Comments
Categories : Residential Mortgage

12325_house_for_sale MBA: Mortgage Applications Down Last Week Mortgage applications decreased 2.5% from one week earlier, according to data from the Mortgage Bankers Association's (MBA) weekly mortgage applications survey for the week ending Aug. 31.

The MBA's market composite index fell 2.5% on a seasonally adjusted basis from one week earlier. On an unadjusted basis, the index decreased 3% compared with the previous week.Â

The refinance index decreased 3% from the previous week to the lowest level since May. The refinance share of mortgage activity remained unchanged at 79% from the previous week.

The seasonally adjusted purchase index decreased 0.8% from one week earlier. The unadjusted purchase index decreased 3% compared with the previous week and was 1% higher than the same week one year ago.

Register here to receive our Latest Headlines email newsletter




Leave a Comment

MBA: Mortgage Applications Down Last Week

Posted by Orb Staff on July 05, 2012 No Comments
Categories : Residential Mortgage

11923_house_red MBA: Mortgage Applications Down Last Week Mortgage applications fell last week, according to new data from the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA).

The MBA's market composite index decreased by 6.7% on a seasonally adjusted basis from one week earlier. On an unadjusted basis, the index decreased by 6.6% compared to the previous week.Â

The refinance index fell by more than 8% for the second consecutive week, largely driven by a significant drop in refinance applications for government loans. The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 78% of total applications from more than 79% the previous week. This is the lowest refinance share since June 1.

The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased less than 1% from one week earlier. The unadjusted purchase index increased slightly, but was relatively flat compared to the previous week and was 7% lower than the same week one year ago.

Register here to receive our Latest Headlines email newsletter




Leave a Comment

MBA: Mortgage Applications Down Last Week

Posted by Orb Staff on November 23, 2011 No Comments
Categories : Residential Mortgage

10328_87452176 MBA: Mortgage Applications Down Last Week Mortgage application activity fell for a second consecutive week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association's (MBA) Weekly Applications Survey for the week ending Nov. 18.

The market composite index fell by 1.2% on a seasonally adjusted basis from one week earlier. On an unadjusted basis, the index increased 8.6% compared to the previous week. The four-week moving average fell by 0.42%.Â

The refinance index decreased by 4% from the previous week to its lowest level since July 29. The four-week moving average fell by 1.39%, while the refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 75.9% of total applications from 77.3% the previous week – the lowest such share since Sept. 9.

The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased, however, by 8.2% from last week to its highest level since Aug. 12. The unadjusted purchase index increased 15.2% compared with the previous week and was 4.8% lower than the same week one year ago. The four-week moving average rose by 3.08%.

Register here to receive our Latest Headlines email newsletter




Leave a Comment